CLASSIFICATION OF GOODS AND SERVICES
The applicant is not encouraged to list or claim the entire class heading of each class of goods or services in the application form . Class headings only serve as general indications of the type of goods or services and may not cover all the goods or services in the class. You should itemize the specification of goods or services of your interest in the application.”
Filing Trade Mark Manually
|Matters of Proceedings||
|Application for registration of a mark||TM 5
|Request for registrar’s preliminary advice as to registrability of a mark||TM 4||TM 4|
|Request for search||TM 4A||TM 4A|
|One copy Form49 (for SDN.BHD. Company only) / Form B and Form D (List of Directors / Partners) from Suruhanjaya Syarikat Malaysia|
Filing Trade Mark via Online
IP Online Portal provides filing of new Trademark application, which consists of TM1 to TM31 forms. Other related & supporting documents can be uploaded as attachments during the filing process.
Preparation before getting started:
- Prepare all documents in digital format (GIF, TIFF, PDF or DOC).
- Please ensure that your Trademark representation is in GIF format with a size of not more than 100KB and 120×90 pixels.
- If you are an agent, please prepare your TM1 form to be uploaded to IP Online Portal.
- Prepare your Statutory Declaration in scanned format e.g. TIFF or PDF.
- Prepare your long List of Goods in a DOC file to be uploaded to IP Online Portal.
- Get your own Digital ID from MyIPO – https://digitalid.msctrustgate.com/MyIPO
- Install your digital ID into your PC or save it in your secondary storage device e.g. thumb drive
- Digital ID must be attached to your application.
- Proceed with the payment. Check the fees in Pricing Scheme table.
- Print a copy of TM5 form before you make the payment.
- Print your Confirmation page upon successful filing.