CLASSIFICATION OF GOODS AND SERVICES
The applicant is not encouraged to list or claim the entire class heading of each class of goods or services in the application form . Class headings only serve as general indications of the type of goods or services and may not cover all the goods or services in the class. You should itemize the specification of goods or services of your interest in the application.”
Filing Trademarks Manually
• 2 copies of completed application (model form is available).
• One copy will be returned to customer for future reference.
• The trademark size must not exceed 10 cm x 10 cm.
• The payment is RM950.00 per class if the list of goods or services applied for is adopted from the pre-approved list of goods and services (Fee code TMA2A)
• Responsibility lies upon the applicant to claim that the list of goods or services applied for is adopted from the pre-approved list
• The list of goods and services will be deleted if it is found not to be as claimed.
• The payment is RM1100.00 per class if the list of goods or services is not adopted from the pre- approved list (Fee Code TMA2B)
• If the trademark is in series, an additional fee of RM50.00 is applicable for the second and each subsequent trademark (Fee Code TMA2C)
• The applicant may apply more than one class in single application (Multiple classes).
• Payment is made either by cash/ cheque/ money order/bank draft/ credit card and payable to “Perbadanan Harta Intelek Malaysia”.
|Matters of Proceedings|
|Application for preliminary advice and search under of the Act||TMA1||TMA1|
|Application for registration of trademark under of the Act:|
(a) Ordinary trademark
(b) Shape of goods or their packaging
(c) Other types of trademark: sound, scent, hologram, positioning, sequence of motion, colour
(d) Collective Mark
(e) Certification Mark
|Series of trademark for the second and each subsequent trademark (maximum of 6)||TMA2C|
|Filing of rules of collective trademark or certification trademark under subparagraph 5(1) of the First Schedule and Second Schedule of the Act||TMA3|