Filing Online of Geographical Indications
IP Online Portal provides filing of new Geographical Indication application, which consists of GI Form 1 to GI Form 19. Other related & supporting documents can be uploaded as attachments during the filing process.
Filing Procedure via IP Online:
- Prepare all documents in digital format (GIF, TIFF, PDF or DOC).
- Please ensure that your Industrial Designs representation is in GIF format with a size of not more than 100KB and 120×90 pixels.
- Prepare your Statutory Declaration in scanned format e.g. TIFF or PDF.
- Prepare your List of Goods in a DOC file to be uploaded to IP Online Portal.
- Get your own Digital ID from this link
- Install your digital ID into your PC or save it in your secondary storage device e.g. thumb drive.
- Digital ID must be attached to your application.
- Proceed with payment. Check the fees in Pricing Scheme table.
- Print your Confirmation page upon successful filing.