Who should attend the program:
- Intrapreneurs i.e. someone working in a company to manage the innovation process to develop new products/services. For example: Design engineers, Product Development Engineers, R&D Engineers, IP Managers/Executive and etc working in a company.
- Entrepreneurs who would like to expand their business by using technology from Universities for new business opportunities and also for entrepreneurs that would like to improve their product or manufacturing process using technology from Universities.
What is this course all about: This is a workshop intended to enhance intrapreneurs’ skills in using the technology from inner or outside of the company to develop new product/process. The workshop covers various technology transfer topics such as:
- Why consider technology from Universities for new Business Opportunities? (Pros and Cons)
- Scouting for IP-based technology acquisition
- Overview of the Technology Transfer Process
- Licensing explained, Licensee and Licensor perspectives, rights & responsibilities, risks and opportunities
- Negotiation Practice
When: 18 to 20 April 2018 – (Intrapreneurs Session)
- 18 April 2018 – 9.00 am to 5.00 pm
- 19 April 2018 – 9.00 am to 5.00 pm
- 20 April 2018 – 9.00 am to 12.30 pm
Where: IP Academy, Level 12A, Tower B, Menara UOA Bangsar, No. 5, Jalan Bangsar Utama 1, 59000 Kuala Lumpur
Why intrapreneurs should attend this workshop: Universities have the facility and human capital to produce the right technology to support business needs. This workshop will teach the intrapreneurs on how to identify the right technology and manage the technology transfer process with the Universities.
Who are the speakers: The main speaker for this workshop is Dr. Richard S. Cahoon. He is the President of an international intellectual property (IP) management and technology commercialization consulting firm based in United States of America. He was the Director of technology transfer at Cornell University for twenty years. Dr. Cahoon has nearly forty years’ experience in commercialization, entrepreneurship, IP strategy & business development. Dr. Cahoon has helped create many new technology companies and has been a board member of several companies and non-profit organizations.
Participation Fee: Free of Charge. The workshop is sponsored by World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) & Japan Patent Office (JPO).
Mode of Presentation: In English
How to participate: Fill in the details in the registration form as follows. The seats are limited. Successful applicants will be notified later.
Or you can also contact us at:
03-2299 8589 (Puan Nor Shafiza) or
03-2299 8481 (Encik Mohamed Ikhwan) or
03-2299 8526 (Cik Ivy) or
03-2299 8802 (Cik Fazira) or
via email: email@example.com.
Closing date: 30 March 2018 (Friday)